Friday, July 15, 2011

Friday Faves

I've gotta make this one quick thanks to a crazy day of meetings ahead, but I have one thing to say...

COMMUNITY.  SUPPORTED.  AGRICULTURE.
I always passed it off as something that snobby lil' yuppies do.  Get a weekly delivery of organic fruits and vegetables that could have been purchased in the store for half the price, just to say they do it. 

Boy was I wrong.

My best friend, one of the most creative gift-givers I know, gave me a 3-week supply of CSA delivery from Tanaka Farms for my birthday.  Not only do I get a beautiful box of organic produce like kale, corn, cucumbers, amazing strawberries, perfect tomatoes and so much more... I am supporting a local farm, eating and cooking healthier, AND seeing my best friend (the deliverer) every Tuesday :)

I love that it forces us to cook things that we wouldn't normally cook, and find recipes to accommodate all the crazy things in the box! The freshness is unmatched, the price is way more reasonable than I thought, and aren't the colors pretty?!


Plus, you're totally supporting a movement.  How cool is that?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yay! great post and thanks for the awesome csa pops earlier... the fruit of your labor (har har) xx Nix