I saw a series on an old friend's blog and was inspired to try it out, considering I continue to fail miserably at blogging. It's an eternal debate in my head about oversharing and getting too personal, while longing for a place on the web (or anywhere for that matter) to document bits and pieces of my life. But this I can do.
So here goes.
10 Things I Did Last Week:
1. Welcomed my best friend for a week-long visit on her way to Portland, her new hometown. :) We had THE BEST time and it was an extremely special thing to spend so much quality time with someone I love so much! We did San Francisco proud.
2. I turned 30. Yowza!
3. I hosted about 14 friends for a really awesome birthday soiree. I felt really blessed to fill our apartment with so many warm and friendly faces, so soon after moving to the city. We went all out and made amazing appetizers, desserts and cocktails. Having Nicci there to help (and a talented hubby!) made things possible in the short amount of time we had! The only thing I failed to do was take pictures to document it all. Boo.
4. I opened more than 30 cards and 30 gifts from Todd... but what got me the most was how much time, thought and effort he put in to the whole presentation. I'll never forget it!
5. Nicci and I hiked Cataract Falls in Marin County and it was BEAUTIFUL. It was so serene and scenic... and the weather couldn't have been better. It felt good to sweat out all the crap we'd been eating and drinking :) We drove through the town of Fairfax to get to the trails, and I had visions of raising a little family there.
7. On Friday night, we finally tried Dosa with a few friends and it was delicious. We ended the night at Zeitgeist, a San Francisco favorite (for the beer drinkers in my life, at least).
8. I had my six month review at work, and it went really well. I'm really happy here, and it was nice to hear some positive feedback for the work I've been doing. Looking forward to growing and taking on more responsibility in the months ahead!
9. I made cheesecake for the first time, in the form of little cupcakes. I covered them with red and blue berries (hello, patriotic) and they were delicious. Cracked and all.
10. I booked a flight to OC and San Diego at the end of the month. Can't wait to see my college pals for Barri's bachelorette party!