Friday, April 22, 2011

Passover on Piedmont

A few weeks ago as I stood over a pot of chopped parsley and Carciofi at a Passover cooking class, a crazy little idea popped in to my mind. "I can do this," I thought. "I can totally do this."  I ran over to my mom and begged for her help to make it happen.  I texted my mother-in-law to tell her the news.
Fast forward three weeks and here we are hosting the very first annual Double T Degnan Passover Seder! Yes, I just crowned it that. I hope that doesn't commit us to a lifelong tradition of hosting seders, but I think I could do it again as long as there are no more oven fires, no more lost potatoes in the bottom of the oven and no more burnt macaroons!

It was a night to remember and a fun first milestone for us and our itty bitty kitchen:
Adding charoset to the seder plate...

Our awesome table!

When your family lives 10 bajillion miles away, you celebrate Passover together via Skype...

Where the magic happens

Happy in-laws!

KFP birthday cake for Amy

Elijah's Cup

Our friends and family spoiled us with beautiful flowers everywhere!

No comments: