Saturday, May 31, 2014

Look out world, Baby Degnan is coming!

I never thought I'd add "mom blogger" to my title, but I already feel like this pregnancy is flying by
and I want to remember all the little moments and the big ones. Overall, I feel extremely lucky and blessed with how we got here and how I'm feeling.

How far along:  14 weeks
The baby is the size of:  A lemon!
Maternity clothes:  I sported maternity jeans and a maternity tank for the first time this week! I've played around with the Beband a bit, and it's nice not having to button my regular jeans. Ouch.
Gender:  Your guess is as good as mine.
Best moment this week:  Picking up my dress for Dani and Kyle's wedding and seeing that it fits! Phew!
Movement:  None.
Food cravings/aversions:  I'm not sure if it's a legitimate craving or not since summer fruits have always been my weakness, but I can't get enough of strawberries, peaches, and delicious oranges! Yum! And that whole pickles and ice cream thing? It's real.  
What I miss:  Really, nothing. The warm nights make me crave a delicious cocktail or cold glass of white wine, but Todd has become a mocktail master and they (kinda) do the trick. Overall, the thought of alcohol has actually made my stomach churn anyway.
Sleep:  It's all good -- I've noticed a huge change since I hit the second trimester. I suddenly feel like a human and not a walking zombie.
What I'm looking forward to:  Seeing friends and family in Orange County in two weeks for the nuptials of a very special couple :)
Symptoms:  Nah. Feeling good!

No comments: