Thursday, February 17, 2011

Save the Drama for your Mama

Here at work, things have gotten out of hand in the gossip department. While I can't go in too much detail because I have no idea who reads my blog, let's leave it at this:

It's toxic. It's hurtful. It's unproductive, and it sure as heck doesn't help anyone. I'm trying to make it stop, one quarter at a time... so I built this funny contraption:

It reads, "Conversation is an exercise of the mind. Gossip is merely an exercise of the tongue." -unknown

For every malicious story, thought, rant or rumor that is said in my office, a quarter will get deposited in to my gossip jar by whoever started it - myself included (as hard as I try, I'm guilty at times...we all are. Let's be honest with ourselves!)

Once the bank is filled to the brim, money will be donated to a charity of my choice. And we'll eliminate gossip slowly but surely, and the world will be solved of all its problems...
Here's hoping.

No comments: