Thursday, July 24, 2008

10 things.

1. Today goes down in Festival of Children Foundation (and United States) history. Our initiative to have September declared NATIONAL Child Awareness Month was passed unanimously in Congress. The swift, bipartisan support and passage of H. Res 1296 in the United States House of Representatives will "bring national attention to issues of vital concern to children," says Congressman Ken Calvert (R-CA), who introduced the bill alongside Congresswoman Loretta Sanchez (D-CA).
Folks, we're big time.

2. On the work note, I'm moving in to an office tomorrow. A real office. With four walls. And a door. For fear of anyone I work with ever finding this blog on the web, I'll leave it at that happy thought.

3. My phone battery died in the middle of the night last night, so my alarm didn't go off this morning. I think I set a personal record for getting to work on time (okay, 2 minutes late) with only 13 minutes to shower, dress, and look (quarter-way) decent.

4. Raise your hand if you actually read this thing.

5. Why can't I stop thinking of all the things I would do if I could just take 2 months off?

6. This summer has flown by in the blink of an eye. It's almost August and I can only count one day spent at the beach so far. That's not really okay.

7. I think of so many things I want to say on here... and then I think of all the people that could potentially find out. Maybe I should do one of two things: stop caring, or try to figure out why there are so many things I want to say about other people.

8. I'm going on a double date this weekend. :)

9. My dad just got home so I'm gonna sit with him while he eats dinner. I'll think of a #10 then.

No comments: